Increase Your Tape-Out Productivity
Though the industry uses the terms “design flow” and “design methodology”
interchangeably, our experience tells us that there is a clear distinction
between the two.
A design methodology enables
- expertise to be captured and implemented, increasing productivity;
- novice designers to design at an expert level;
- expert designers to design faster; and
- the whole team to consistently deliver tape-outs on schedule.
A design flow enables
- one tool to write an output file that can be read in by the next tool.
A design methodology captures experience, avoids EDA-tool limitations, streamlines
the overall workflow, and helps you meet delivery dates. It does this by
making sure all five key components are addressed:
- Design Management
- EDA Tools
- Libraries & Technologies
- IP Creation & Acceptance
- Design Flows
Copyright © 2006, CADmazing Solutions